Baptism in the New Testament

Eli
Senior Expert Member
Reactions: 183

Some Bible verses on Baptism in the New Testament

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2:38 "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 8:36-38 "As they were going down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, 'See, here is water! What hinders me from being baptized?' Then Philip said, 'If you believe with all your heart, you may.' And he answered and said, 'I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.'"

Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life."

1 Corinthians 12:13 "For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit."

Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism."

Colossians 2:12 "Having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead."

1 Peter 3:21 "Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

Revelation 7:14 "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
TSSFL -- A Creative Journey Towards Infinite Possibilities!

Return to “Theology, Religions and Belief Systems”

• Information