Application to Host Programming Workshop for Scientists in Africa (PWSAfrica)

Post general but valuable information and news and information: tech and/or education-related news and announcements. Posts under this forum must strictly adhere to the Forum Rules. If you are not sure about what to post, please ask for help from forums administration. Any violation will not be tolerated!
Admin
Site Admin
Senior Expert Member
Reactions: 56

In 2018, I started the PWSAfrica initiative to tackle the programming skills gap affecting students and staff within the STEM departments in African Universities. Since then, my team and I have trained over 200 scientists in Nigeria and Rwanda, on the fundamentals of Python programming for scientific purposes.

We have plans to run another workshop in August 2020. To this end, we are now receiving applications from Universities in Africa to host our Python workshop. Link is at https://www.pwsafrica.org/pwsafrica-2020.

If we receive multiple strong applications, we might select more than one University to partner with over the coming years. Please help spread the word!

From Sofiat Olaosebikan
TSSFL Stack is dedicated to empowering and accelerating teaching and learning, fostering scientific research, and promoting rapid software development and digital technologies

Return to “News Board”

• Information