Python & Research Tutorial

Post general but valuable information and news and information: tech and/or education-related news and announcements. Posts under this forum must strictly adhere to the Forum Rules. If you are not sure about what to post, please ask for help from forums administration. Any violation will not be tolerated!
Eli
Senior Expert Member
Reactions: 185

My students and I are getting ready to offer the next edition of the PyaR (Python & Research) tutorial next weekend. PyaR is a free, online, mentored Python computer programming tutorial set in the context of one of the scientific journal articles about the Andromeda galaxy published by my astrophysics research group. The dates and times of the three-part tutorial are: October 5, 12, and 19 (all Saturdays), 9–11 PM PDT (which will be Sunday morning in Africa, Asia, and Europe where many of our students are based). Please spread the word across your network of students and friends.

Those interested in participating are requested to please complete the following steps:

(1) Fill out the PyaR Google form
(2) Follow the instructions in the main PyaR Google doc
in particular, participants should complete an Anaconda Python 3 installation on their laptops before the first of the October sessions.
(3) Accept our invitation promptly when we send out an invitation to join the PyaR Slack channel

We're excited about the large, international cohort of participants we'll have this time!

This message is from Raja, a Professor of Astronomy at University of California Santa Cruz.
TSSFL -- A Creative Journey Towards Infinite Possibilities!

Return to “News Board”

• Information